San Pablo (“St. Paul”) Lutheran Church is situated at the heart of the YLM grounds. The picturesque adobe structure has been holding services since YLM began work in 1982. In addition to the service times listed below–servant event groups are always honored with a special “Servant Event Blessing” during the English service–San Pablo leads a Saturday worship service for inmates at the local Customs & Border Patrol Detention Center.
The church is served by YLM’s CEO Rev. Dr. Karl P. Heimer, who is aided by Rev. Jesus Astorga. Both are working to stimulate the congregation toward a true understanding of what it is to be the “body of Christ.” To stay up to date with and see how you can participate in upcoming church events, become a fan of its facebook fan page, follow its Twitter account (@sanpablo_lcms), or read its blog.
Opportunities for adoration and education:
- Bilingual informal worship, Saturdays at 11:00 am
- English worship service, Sundays at 9:00 am
- Christian education hour for children & adults, Sundays at 10:15 am
- Spanish worship service, Sundays at 11:30 am
- Adult Bible study (Spanish), Wednesdays at 4:00 pm
- Women’s ministry, every other Thursday at 5:30 pm
- Men’s ministry, every other Wednesday at 5:30 pm
- “La Gran Comision” on KSCE channel 38 (El Paso/Las Cruces/Juarez…click for a live web feed), Fridays at 10:30 pm
- Church council meetings, 3rd Thursday of each month at 6:00 pm
- Membership classes, contact Karla in the church office
- Praise team, contact Miguel in the church office
- Pre-baptismal counseling, contact a Pastor in the church office
- First Communion classes, contact Karla in the church office
- Confirmation classes, contact Karla in the office
See below for some images of the church where it all started…and how it is STILL celebrating the truth of God’s love today![nggallery id=22]
San Pablo Lutheran Church: New life in Christ!
This post is also available in: Spanish