Servant event work projects typically fall into 1 of 4 categories, although we are open to the skills and talents your group members bring to the table:
- Church Maintenance/Improvement
- Human Care
- Combination Projects
1. Church Maintenance/Improvement: Among all of the mission sites that YLM serves and the 4.2 acre campus of YLM in El Paso, there are always facilities that need minor repairs, clean-ups, and other maintenance projects. Having plumbing and electricity that function, roofs that don’t leak, floors that aren’t concrete, etc. helps our missionaries reach out to more people with ease. [nggallery id=2]
You can help revamp a mission facility even if you’ve never picked up a hammer before…we promise!
2. Human Care: The needs of the people in El Paso and Mexico are great. Servant events help fill their material as well as spiritual voids by building and repairing homes, distributing donations and conducting medical, dental, and eyeglass clinics in devastatingly impoverished areas.[nggallery id=3]
Bringing healing and wholeness of body…and soul.
3. Evangelism: Each year servant events organize and lead programs designed to educate and strengthen men, women, and children at the various ministry sites. Groups lead Vacation Bible Schools, perform concerts, or walk neighborhoods inviting people to hear the Good News.[nggallery id=4]
Sharing Christ with friends from BOTH sides of the border!
4. Combination Projects: We are flexible! Servant events are also able to divide their time (one project in the morning and another in the afternoons) or their group members (some people work on one type of project and some on another).
This post is also available in: Spanish